Successful candidates will be AstraZeneca Employees and will be located at AstraZeneca's MedImmune strategic science center in Gaithersburg, Maryland. MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca, a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule and biologic prescription medicines. MedImmune is pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas, including respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity; cardiovascular and metabolic disease; oncology; neuroscience; and infection and vaccines
Principal Clinical Information Scientist
The Principal Clinical Information Scientist (PCIS) position sits within the Biometrics & Information Sciences, (B&I) organization, in Global Medicines Development (GMD). GMD's , mission is to transform innovative molecules into medicines that improve patient health, save lives and thereby add value to our business.
GMD works with our two biotech units -- Innovative Medicines and Early Development (IMED) and MedImmune -- and the Global Portfolio and Product Strategy (GPPS) organization to understand where there is unmet medical need, to shape our therapy area strategies from early development through to commercialization, and to identify the medicines we need to invent, develop and deliver to patients around the world, either from our own biotech laboratories or in partnership with others.
Biometrics & Information Sciences (B&I) has statistical, programming and information experts focused on the delivering optimal programme design and delivering quality information, analytics and interpretation which aids high quality decision making in drug projects and reduces uncertainty in product development.
The role of the PCIS is to work closely within drug project teams on projects transitioning into GMD, in late phase development, or in Established Brand teams. The significant areas for PCIS contribution is in:
Design of clinical programmes and studies:
* Accountable for bringing meaningful, reliable information to the Design team and storing design memory in a retrievable environment.
* Facilitating Design teams to bring out the scientific thinking and deliver excellent innovative designs
* Uses experience of internal and external information sources/information science techniques (e.g. text mining, data visualization, competitive intelligence, benchmarking) to give decision makers better access to relevant information and quantitative methods for faster, higher quality (more robust) more objective decisions.
Good Information Practice:
* The PCIS is known and recognized throughout the organization as the drug project information advocate/champion who can facilitate access to complex information needs
* People from inside or outside the drug project team are guided and advised by the PCIS in using existing tools/technologies to obtain information
* PCIS ensures access to and (re)use of clinical information, documents and data is performed in accordance with AZ information sharing policies
Candidate Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Bachelors degree in a Life Science,
* Recognized as an information science/information management expert with proven ability to influence strategic decision making
* Experience of clinical development in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
* Excellent communication skills and facilitation skills
Leadership Capabilities (Level 3)
* Acts Decisively
* Commitment to Customers and Integrity
* Drives Accountability
* Strategic Leadership
* Works Collaboratively
* Develop People and Organisation
- See more at: http://hirelifescience.com/seeker_jobs.aspx?jobsID=457957&jobtitle=Principal%20Clinical%20Information%20Scientist