Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end to end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Corning's businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
Scope of Position:
- We are seeking an exceptional professional with strong leadership skills to join our team as Solutions Architect for Enterprise Business Systems.
- Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) within Corning include all applications that help run a business including Supply Chain, Finance and HCM ERP systems and other applications that support these ERP systems in the business modules such as Manufacturing, Distribution, Sales, Accounting, Corporate Performance Management, Procurement and Human Resource Management.
- The ideal Solutions Architect will operate largely independently in meeting defined objectives and goals. He/She will possess deep subject matter expertise in the business and technical architecture of ERP and other applications that form the scope of EBS and will be expected to develop direction for technology with strategic alignment to the needs of the Enterprise. Working in conjunction with Enterprise Architects and IT Leadership, the Solutions Architect will propose and set enterprise wide technology architecture direction and influence investments in those technology areas.
- He/She will help define architecture road maps working in close alignment with business strategy and provide the most effective combination of business fit, strategic and innovative evolution of technology, business risk and total cost of ownership of solutions.
At a high level, the Solutions Architect’s focus will be:
- Long-term technology planning: 10 -15%
- Technology Effectiveness confirmation and execution 70 – 80%
- Enterprise level Leadership and Influence: 10- 15%
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Partner with IT and business stakeholders across the enterprise to provide input into the development and execution of EBS strategy.
- Develop and maintain architecture roadmap for applications and architecture components in the EBS area.
- Develop design principles, design patterns, position papers and Proof of concepts to define technology and capability direction/introduction in alignment with enterprise architecture goals.
- Provides input into the prioritization of strategic IT investments and introduction of new capability in the EBS area.
- Participate and lead project design sessions to develop end to end solutions for complex business problems. Challenge status-quo and think out of the box to device innovative solutions for such problems.
- Ensure that delivery of projects is in alignment with enterprise technology direction, business strategy, and effective total cost of ownership.
- Communicate and reinforce Corning’s/IT/enterprise architecture team goals, policies and procedures to all of IT as appropriate
- Coach/mentor members of IT as necessary. Align with and influence teams to grow/enterprise architecture skills and perspective
- Continuously expand breadth and depth of technology expertise to include applied research.
- Maintain relationships with key vendors to understand the market trends and direction of associated technologies
Travel Requirements: 5-10% Domestic and International
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business or Information Technology
Required Years and Area of Experience: 10
- Ten years of IT experience with progression through technical, analyst, or equivalent, levels to technical leadership. Including five years of technical leadership responsibilities in ERP (preferably SAP) applications deployments area.
- Extensive experience in working on large scale, mission critical ERP deployment projects.
- Extensive knowledge of general ERP concepts, trends and industry best practices.
- Strong knowledge of multi-tier ERP (preferably SAP ECC6 Landscape) applications architecture and related infrastructure components.
- Strong working knowledge of business processes across the supply chain and finance modules.
- Experience with Enterprise integration and ETL tools, along with a good grasp of SOA concepts in ERP space.
- Knowledge of reporting and analytics concepts and tools
- Exposure to Cloud concepts and delivery of business capability via SaaS model
Desired Skills: Experience in the life science or pharmaceutical industry
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with Business and IT management on business matters blending technical and non-technical perspectives and discuss complex concepts in simple terms.
- Significant experience in achieving positive results among staff at all levels of the organization through demonstrated ability in developing consultative relationships.
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively with individuals and teams across the company, specifically executives and key stakeholders, utilizing influence, persuasion, leadership, negotiation and group facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp big picture with ability to transfer business requirements to solution design.
- Strongly Self-motivated and guided.
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}