Providing support for the Government and External Affairs team, including: researching and drafting briefing materials and submissions to formal Government consultations; political monitoring, management of political contacts database, events planning; data analysis; and deputising at internal and external meetings.
- Researching and drafting briefing materials and consultation responses
- Drafting consultation reponses, collating comments, submitting final responses
- Preparing lobbying materials for external audiences, including MP's Peers and MEPs
- Writing internal briefings for Government Affairs and Senior Management team on key Virgin Atlantic issues and supporting Government Affairs messaging and priorities.
- Sourcing and analysis of statistical data
- Ensuring the team is kept up to date with key events, consultations and announcements in a timely fashion.
- Monitoring political and governmental media and communications channels
- Producing targeted breifings on key issues for internal audiences including Senior Management team
- Creating, managing and updating distribution channels for briefing materials
- Responsibility for maintaining up-to-date record of political and governmental contacts, using public affairs database
- Tracking engagement plans; contributing to the development and implementation of engagement plans
- Working with the team and other internal and external stakeholders to coordinate updates to, and reports on, the Government Affairs strategy and priorities
- Liaising with venues, suppliers and internal & external stakeholders to plan Government Affairs events in the UK and overseas
- Support and promote key Virgin Atlantic priorities, coordinating invitation lists and ensuring that events are well attended
- From time to time, representing the Government Affairs team at meetings with internal and external stakeholders in Westminster, Whitehall and Brussels as and when required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Able to produce concise and effective briefings, having assimilated detailed and lengthy reports/consultation papers/impact assessments
- Proven Analytical/numerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience of building and maintaining strong relationships with both internal and external parties from all levels.
- Proven organisational skills, with the ability to juggle multiple demands and conflicting priorities, whilst working within a small team
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK political system, EU institutions and Political processes along with direct experiece in Westminster, Whitehall or European parliment desirable.
- Strong IT skills with the ability to use MS Office packages to an advanced level (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.)
For more details, and to apply for this job, please click here